Download and Install Mendeley
Mendeley offers several options which allow you to import and manage your references. The four options are: Mendeley Desktop (standalone application for Windows, macOS, and Linux), Mendeley Web, Mendeley Web Importer, and Mendeley Cite. Each are covered below.
Mendeley Reference Manager for Desktop
- Use the desktop version to build, organize and maintain your references and document files
- Mendeley works very well with PDFs. Drag and drop PDFs into Mendeley and it will create references from the metadata embedded in them.
- You can easily highlight and annotate PDFs in the desktop app.
- You can also share your references and collaborate with others.
- Web-based access to your entire Mendeley Desktop library
- Can access from any web browser with your Mendeley login credentials
- Syncs with your Mendeley Desktop remotely
Mendeley Web Importer
- Download the browser extension to import web pages, documents, and papers directly into your Mendeley reference library.
- Works seamlessly with journal articles and documents pulled from Horn Library's many academic databases
- Web Importer works with all major web browsers.
- This is a Microsoft Word plugin which will allow you to insert citations and your bibliography from Mendeley directly into your MS Word document or project.