Get a Library Card
Stop at the Horn Library Information Desk to register for a library card in order to:
- Check out books for four weeks,
- Use permitted databases in the library, and
- Use InfoTrac via Massachusetts Library Information Network (for Massachusetts residents only).
Fees for library cards are:
- Local area residents: $10 per year
- Faculty of Boston-area colleges: $10 per year
There are several databases that visitors may not use, however, we do have a list of some alternatives for alums and some of these will work for visitors too. See this link for Alternate Resources.
Welcome to the Horn Library.
Please stop by or contact Information Desk 1 at x4596, located at the Library’s main entrance, to register. The Library web site (library.babson.edu) contains information about the library and provides direct access to many of its resources.
- Members of the community may use the Library on an intermittent basis and may not use the library as their "offices"
- Our study rooms are for current Babson students' use only
- Some library materials are not available to visitors, including course reserves and media materials
- Use of library computers is for academic use only. Priority for computer use is given to current Babson students, faculty, and staff
- Visitors must comply with all library policies and college regulations
Brief assistance is available:
- Visit Information Desk 1, or
- Call 781-239-4596
For more in-depth assistance, consult with independent information brokers or visit your local public library. Lists of information brokers are available through your local yellow pages and through the Association of Independent Information Professionals.
Database Contract Restrictions
The library's contracts with database vendors do not include continued off-campus access for visitors and some restrict on-campus access to currently enrolled Babson students, faculty and staff. Restricted sources are generally indicated as "On or off campus: Enter your Babson username and password."
User friendly appointment system
Information Desk: (781) 239-4596