Access issues can result from many different causes. Here are some of the most common fixes:
- Logging in: Valid Babson network username/password is required. (see further information in box below)
- Browser Issues:
- Some of our resources only work in IE:
- Thomson One
- Local Market Audience Analyst from SRDS
- Enable cookies in your browser.
- Enable popups: check your popup blockers, including your browser and any installed toolbars (Google, Yahoo, etc.). All popup blockers must be set to enable popups.
- Update Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Disconnect non-Babson Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Laptop Issues:
- Laptop users bringing laptops between work and home may have cookies that do not match their current location. Try restarting your laptop and/or deleting cookies (In IE, choose Tools > Internet Options>Browsing HIstory>check the box Delete browsing history on exit and click Delete)
- On campus problems: check your laptop's campus network configuration with IT Support in Horn 220.
If you cannot connect to just one resource (vs. multiple resources) , consider the following:
- The subscription limit on the number of simultaneous users may be reached. Try the resource again later.
- Capital IQ: (only students enrolled in certain courses permitted to access)
- Factiva: (10 users)
- Oxford Art Online: (3 users)
- Safari Tech Books Online: (2 users)
- ThomsonONE: (20 users)
- Heavy Internet traffic may be timing out the connection - try again later.
- Vendor site may be down - notify the Horn Library Information Desk: 781-239-4596.
Babson network username issues or updating your browser
Contact the ITSD Support Center:
you change your password or the Support Center provides you with an
updated username and password, there may be a delay before you are able
to access the library's services.
If you get an error message about the certificate name not matching:
- IE: Click “Continue to this website (not recommended)”.
- Firefox: Click OK.
- Chrome: Click OK
If Problems Persist...
If none of the information in this guide helps to resolve the problem, please contact the Library:
Please be sure to include the following information:
- Name of resource
- Browser being used
- Specific error messages seen
- Enrollment status (undergraduate, graduate, Blended Learning, or alumni)
- Your location (on-campus, off-campus, home, work, etc.)
- Can you access other library databases?
- Did you access the link from the library website, Babson portal, BlackBoard, other?
- Device used (PC, laptop, or mobile device)
- Specific steps taken, if any
© Babson College. All Rights Reserved. Babson Park, MA 02457-0310. 781-235-1200