Horn Library Users' Policy
The library's primary users have priority in the use of reference services and library resources.
At the discretion of library personnel, users may be asked to show proper identification.
Those who are not Babson students, faculty, or staff may be asked to relinquish their use of services, resources, or equipment if they are needed by primary users.
Materials in open stacks are accessible to all. Users of reserve materials must have a valid OneCard or Wellesley/Olin College card.
Use of Horn Library
The students, faculty, staff, alumni, and corporate partners of Babson College are generating an increased demand for services at Horn Library. Metropolitan Boston businesses and citizens of nearby communities have also significantly increased their use of these facilities.
While Horn Library wants to offer its resources to its many friends and associates, the library's primary constituents--the students, faculty, and staff of Babson College--expect and should receive priority service. In order to appropriately allocate our resources, the following policy has been established for the use of Horn Library
The following services are available only to students, faculty, and staff:
- Online services
- Most networked CD-ROM services
- Interlibrary loan
- Research consultations
Extended Babson community
In addition to using materials on the open shelves, the following users may check out books for four weeks and use reserve and audiovisual materials on the premises. For further information, please check our Visitors Services and Alumni Services pages.
- Babson College alumni, trustees, members of the Babson Corporation, corporate partners, and spouse and children of Babson students, faculty, and staff
- Students, faculty and staff of Wellesley and Olin Colleges
- Local residents (including, but not limited to: Needham, Wellesley, Newton, Framingham, Dover, Natick, and Weston) ($10 annual fee)
- Faculty of Boston-area colleges ($10 annual fee)
All other patrons, upon payment of a user's fee, may use reserve and audiovisual materials only in the building. For further information, please check our Visitors Services page.
- One-day card: $10 per day
- College students with current academic identification: One-day free pass